Friday, May 8, 2009

April showers bring May flowers

With just over a month to go before our journey begins, Dave and I still have a ton of work to do. But that doesn't mean we haven't been hard at work! In fact, a lot of our major objectives that we set out to accomplish in April are coming together. Here's a quick update of our new developments:
  1. Team Car: Our coach, Craig Amerkhanian, is going to let us take one of the team vehicles this summer as our support vehicle! We are extremely thankful for his generosity and excited to get "The Sprinter" outfitted with our gear and on the road.
  2. Team manager/driver: Dave's good friend, Lauren Kubiak, has signed our as our driver/manager. While we are on the road pedaling, Lauren will set up our meetings and perhaps give some presentations as well. She's a junior here at Stanford, an Earth Systems major, and an all-around cool girl.
  3. Team Jerseys: Dave turned 21 last month (happy birthday!) and his parents got him a certificate for team jerseys and jackets. They are in production right now and we CANNOT wait to get them. Gonna look pretty fly if I may say so myself. We'll post pics when we get them.
Donations are still gradually rolling in and we are overwhelmed by your generosity and support. We've raised around $7,700 so far and are looking to keep the push going! Last weekend at the Cal Dual we received pledges of $500 and $1000! Those donors will remain anonymous until we get permission to use their names, but from Dave, myself, and the whole Face AIDS team, thank you so much! It means the world to us.

I've got to get back to some of my studies (you know, the things I do when I'm not rowing or planning this ride) but I hope everyone is well. Keep checking back for updates! I hope to update more and more as new developments come in. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment